Setting Up Email on BlackBerrys
Setting up and maintaining email functionality on a BlackBerry device is the responsibility of the cellular telephone service provider.
To set up Midcontinent email on a BlackBerry Smartphone, customers will need:
- Full Email Address
- POP (incoming) server: pop.midco.net
You do not need any outgoing server information to set up email on a BlackBerry
- BlackBerry users are required to subscribe to a data package
- Provider of data package (a.k.a. BlackBerry Internet Service or BIS) will process outgoing email
- BlackBerry devices configured for Midcontinent email default to using pop.midco.net over the IMAP protocol on port 143.
- BlackBerry devices configured for Midcontinent email will check periodically for new mail and retrieve new messages. There is no Send/Receive option that will retrieve new messages sooner than the pre-set schedule.
- Messages from other email services (Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) may show up faster than Midcontinent email. This is due to some email providers using a “push” email system to work with BlackBerry devices which may allow messages to be received on the BlackBerry in next to real time.
Back to Resource Center