Unauthorized copying or distribution of copyrighted material is a violation of federal law, of your Subscriber Agreement, and Midcontinent’s Acceptable Use Policy. When you became a Midcontinent customer, you agreed to the requirements outlined in the Subscriber Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy. This agreement is in our Annual Notice at www.midcocomm.com/resourcecenter.
Our main purpose is to ensure our customers are aware of alleged and potentially unknown copyright infringement activity and of potential consequences associated with such activity. This information is gathered independently by the copyright holder and relayed to us.
If you have received a copyright infringement notice, take steps to prevent future notices from copyright holders:
1. Make sure family members and visitors to your home understand the consequences of engaging in copyright infringement activities.
2. If you have a wireless router in your home, be sure it is properly configured to use encryption and require a password for network access.
3. Make sure your computers are protected by anti-virus software and a router/firewall.
4. If you need technical assistance, contact a technical support company.
Home Security Information
National Cyber Security Alliance -- Stay Safe Online
CERT – Home Network Security
Getwise Home Security Guide
How to Protect your PC
Double-Check Your Antivirus Software
If you don’t have up-to-date antivirus software, Microsoft offers a capable product for free:
• Free Microsoft Antivirus Software
If you have up-to-date antivirus software, you can also double check its effectiveness with one of these free manual scanners.
• Free Microsoft Antivirus Safety Scanner
• Free MalwareBytes Antivirus Scanner
Chat with us:
Contact Customer Service